November 02, 2007

Song: Opposites Attract (Paula Abdul)

What is a perfect partner? Someone just like you? Someone who is nothing like you? Listen to this song and write the "opposite" words that are missing (check 'comments' to see the answers). Remember that the lines in pop songs often rhyme! ;-)



I'm M.C. Kat on the rap so mic it
Here's a little story and you're sure to like it
Swift and sly and I'm playing it cool
With my homegirl, Paula Abdul

Baby seems we never ever agree
You like the movies and I like (1)______
I take things serious and you take 'em light
I go to bed early and I party (2)______ ______
Our friends are saying we ain't gonna last
'Cause I move slowly and baby I'm (3)______
I like it quiet and I love to (4)______
But when we get together it just all works out


I take 2 steps forward
I take 2 steps back
We come together 'cause opposites attract
And you know, it ain't fiction
Just a natural fact
We come together 'cause opposites attract

Who'd've thought we could be lovers?
She makes the bed and he steals the covers
She likes it neat and he makes a (5)______
I take it easy, baby I get obsessed
She's got the money and he's always broke
I don't like cigarettes and I like to (6)______
Things in common there just ain't one
But when we get together we have nothing but (7)______

Nothing in common but this trust, I'm like a minus, she's like a plus. One going up, one coming down, but we seem to land on common ground. When things go wrong we make corrections to keep things moving in the right direction. Tried to fight it but I'm telling you Jack, it's useless, opposites attract


Baby ain't it something how we lasted this long?
You and me proving everyone (8)______
Don't think we'll ever get our differences patched
Don't really matter 'cause we're perfectly matched

Try also: vocabulary activity - opposites

1 comment:

Mônica said...

Did you get all the words? Check the answers!

1. TV
2. all night
3. fast
4. shout
5. mess
6. smoke
7. fun
8. wrong